Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday John & Hallie!! I can remember singing happy birthday to them when they were a week old...I remember because I forgot to sing to John and then that was the day of his surgery that went wrong, so when I went back I apologized to him. Even that memory feels like a good one today - I just love remembering them and all the ways we saw God in them. I am so thankful today has been a day of celebration in my mind and not a day of sadness - PRAISE GOD! He has given peace that surpasses understanding, and I just want to share it with the world because it is such a wonderful feeling.

I also want to say that one of the greatest legacies of John & Hallie were how they showed what Christian family is all about. The way that people rallied around us and prayed for John & Hallie was absolutely amazing and unexplainable without the love of Christ. The way people cared for us is not natural - people didn't even know us and they were loving us and cooking for us and praying for us - that bond that Christ gives us all and that love of God that resides within each Christian are both powerful things and we got to see just how amazing they are countless times over the past year. I praise God for each of you and am so thankful for the lessons we learned from John & Hallie and all of you about loving one another.

One sad thing is that you all did not get to meet our John & Hallie, but even that brings a smile to my face today because I know one day we will all be together and we will celebrate in the presence of God - how awesome that day will be!! And I love knowing they are already there in that perfect place with perfect 'bodies'....praise God!

Lots and lots of love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment