Sunday, February 14, 2010

My parents are on their way back to Illinois and spending the next few nights with us. I doubt I will get another 'real' post on until next weekend. I wanted to share that I was able to get the pictures that I asked the NICU nurses to take of one another yesterday. I was barely able to make it to my car before bursting into tears. I had one of my best cries in weeks. The nurses make good amateur photographers, and I am so glad to have such good pictures of the people who came to mean so much to me last year. One of my Friendship parents once said that if you loved his kids, then he was going to love you...that's kind of how I feel about those NICU nurses and doctors. They took care of my children in ways that I couldn't, and most of them did so not just in a professional manner, but in a personal, loving manner, and I will always love them for that. I cannot say enough good things about the people we met at the Woman's Hospital of Texas, and I will always thank God for bringing them into my life. While I didn't want to spend forever in the NICU, I do miss them as if they were my friends because they were part of my life for so long.

On this Valentine's day, I am obviously thankful to God for bringing me the love of my life in Reagan, and I am thankful that I get to celebrate the day of love with my parents. But I also want to take this day to say how amazingly blessed I have been with the people God has brought into my life over the years - friends that I couldn't have picked better for myself. From TN to IL to back to TN and now here in TX, God just always puts me with the best people, and I am so thankful that He shows His love for me by surrounding me with friends that are like family. I could not be more blessed! John and Hallie, I just wish you could have met them all, but I know you will someday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Kate. What classes are you taking? Are they in education? I'm glad you can share your memories of John and Hallie with us. I love reading about them. And I'm glad you and Reagan are so about the future about the future. I know that God has more good things planned for you both as well. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete